||Quinta da Lagoalva de Cima’s estate spreads along the south bank of the Tagus river, about 2 km from the village of Alpiarca and 11 km from Santarem.
In 1834, Quinta da Lagoalva is bought by Henrique Teixeira de Sampayo, the First Count of Povoa. In 1841-42 the whole of his assets are passed on to his daughter D. Maria Luisa Noronha de Sampaio, who, in 1846, marries D. Domingos Antonio Maria Pedro de Souza e Holstein, the Second Duke of Palmela. From that moment, on these assents were incorporated in the House of Palmela.
Through generations Quinta da Lagoalva de Cima has been kept in the possession of the descendents of the Second Duke of Palmela, belonging nowadays to Soc. Agricola Quinta da Lagoalva de Cima S.A.|