In celebration of the 150th anniversary of the House of CAMUS, Cyril CAMUS -as fifth President in the Family line– has revisited the mythical Masterpiece Collection to commemorate this historical occasion and pay tribute to the five generations of the CAMUS legend using the number 5 as a symbol.
Selecting the cognacs that best represent each of the five generations of the CAMUS Family, CAMUS has created a blend as an organoleptic biography.
· The extraordinary temperament of Jean-Baptiste CAMUS is represented by the nobility and the structure of Bons Bois cognac.
· The intensity and generosity of a Fins Bois cognac has been chosen to remember Gaston CAMUS.
· With its proud suppleness and pleasant, long finish, the Petite Champagne has been chosen to pay homage to Michel Camus.
· The body and the persistence of a Borderies cognac suggest the delicate passion and integrity of Jean-Paul CAMUS.
· The fifth eau-de-vie - a Grande Champagne cognac - is evocative of Cyril CAMUS’s instinctive spirit, driven by a desire to live the CAMUS legend, taking it further and higher.
Designed by the French sculptor Serge MANSAU and made by the renowned crystal craftsmen Baccarat, this legendary carafe contains the blend of the five personalities that brought, and are still bringing, the CAMUS legend to life.
A single block of pure, solid black crystal preciously guards the complex and majestic blend of five exceptional eaux-de-vie.
Fashioned by both power and intricacy, the Cuvee 5.150 carafe is presented in a black lacquered case of clean, pure lines.
The iconic clover leaf stamp in the center of the brushed steel plate allows a glimpse of the 5.150 amber blend at its heart.
« When you taste an exceptional cognac, you are left with a lasting memory in your heart, as if sculpted by emotion. This is precisely what we were thinking of when we blended the Cuvee 5.150: the strength of the memory that it will leave behind… » Cyril Camus.
|Color: Light glints of ruby-gold in a lovely amber color.
Nose: A subtle aroma of vanilla enhanced by woody and spicy notes, becoming exotic accents that give way to hints of crystallised lemon.
Palate: Balanced and full, with rich, mellow flavors heralded by a creamy, milky vanilla. Apricot and pear awaken, brought out by the finesse of tropical fruits and a trace of sweet almond.
Finish: Long and tender, with spicy notes that allow the rancio flavor to enhance the fruity, finely woody, deliciously persistent finish.